When you Google real estate in your local market, is your business at the top of the search results? With 92 percent of potential buyers house hunting online, boosting your online marketing efforts is crucial for building a successful business. Here, Marki Lemons-Ryhal—social media expert and 2013 HomeFinder.com Agent Makeover Sweepstakes speaker—shares her tips for dominating your online market.
1. Set “SMART” goals: When adopting a new online marketing strategy, set SMART (specific, measurable, action-oriented, realistic and timely) goals. If you want to break into a new market, outline what steps you need to take.
2. Know what’s trending: How are buyers searching for real estate in your market? Visit Google.com/trends and type your market + “real estate” (ex. Boston real estate) in the search bar to see what keywords are being searched most frequently.
3. Own your community: Social media is an easy and free way to control your sphere of influence online. Engage buyers in your market on sites like Pinterest, Instagram and Tumblr. These are highly visual sites that can give potential buyers a first-hand look at life in your market.
4. Be simple, be social: Keep your social content short, simple and engaging. Potential buyers should be able to read, understand and engage with your content in less than three minutes.
5. Stay consistent with “COPE”: Creating relevant content can be time-consuming, so remember to “COPE”: Create once, post everywhere. For example, if you write “Ten Tips to Boost Your Summer Curb Appeal,” post one or two tips a week.
These are all good points. I love the COPE concept!
Good advice I can “COPE” with*