Brokers and agents are famous for creating catchy slogans about their quality service; however, they quickly become empty statements without a specific plan.
According to recent Gallup polls, the real estate industry ranks as one of the least trusted professions. If every agent and company actually delivered the level of service they profess in their slogans, core values and mission statements, this lack of consumer trust would not be an issue.
So, how do we actually deliver a higher level of service that exceeds client expectations?
The answer, while it seems simple, requires a commitment and a system to execute at a higher level.
Follow these eight steps to increase your ability to deliver the exceptional service your clients are looking for.
1. Define what exceptional service means.
2. Survey your clients and ask them what it is they want from their REALTOR®.
3. Write those commitments down with step-by-step instructions on what and who will deliver each service you’re committed to.
4. Create action plans and checklists to make sure no service is left undone.
5. Inspect what you expect. Check regularly to see that your agents and team members are actually doing what you as a group have committed to do.
6. Communicate with your clients throughout the process. Many times we provide a lot of great service; however, the client doesn’t know what’s been done. Include client updates in your action plan and share with them what’s being done to reinforce that you do what you say you’ll do.
7. Always look for ways to improve. The tools, technology, marketing and available services you can provide are constantly changing. Just because you’ve always done something a certain way doesn’t mean that it’s still the best way to do it. Shake it up and review your processes and services with the attitude that you always want to find a better way to provide a greater experience for your clients.
8. Ask how you’re doing. Consumers will frequently post reviews when things don’t go as planned. Get ahead of the game and survey your clients following each transaction. If you’re sincere and ask with the attitude that you want to improve, they’ll tell you how you’re doing and what you can do better.
Our goal as an industry should be to move the dial up to increase our level of service and let the world know that there’s huge value in working with a professional real estate agent.