While social distancing led to a dramatic spike in virtual tours in recent weeks, there are still plenty of realtors hosting home showings this Spring. Here are some best practices for home showings during the COVID-19 pandemic for both buyers and sellers.
Tips for Sellers
- Sanitize all doorknobs after every home showing.
- Open all doors and cabinets doors before every showing.
- Turn on all lights (lamps, switches, etc.) before every showing begins.
- Allow fresh air to flow through home by opening windows and doors.
Tips for Buyers
- Try your best not to touch any surfaces while touring a home.
- Wear shoe coverings into a home showing.
- Bring your hand sanitizer/wipes.
- Attend appointment only showings to limit the amount of contact you have with others.
- Stay at least 6 feet away from other people.